Finding Sales & Marketing Management Positions in UK
Whether you’re at the beginning of your career or you’re at an executive level, there are many ways you can find out about sales marketing management job openings within the UK.
Below are five of the most common ways that individuals like you can and do uncover lucrative sales marketing management leads.
Online Job SitesThanks to the Internet, job seekers can easily log on to any computer and almost instantly unearth dozens of available sales marketing management positions. Obviously, not all the sites are created equal; some carry more weight in terms of reputation than others, such as the highly touted “Monster”. However, that doesn’t mean that a lesser known job search site won’t provide you with fabulous UK sales marketing management leads.
- Tip #1: Set aside a few hours a week to devote to your online sales and marketing management job search. That way, you’ll be less likely to feel overwhelmed or distracted by other tasks.
- Tip #2: Many online job search engines give you the option of saving your searches. As a result, when jobs pertinent to your desires become available, you’ll be notified via email. This further reduces energy spent sifting through countless adverts.
Recruiters and Recruitment FirmsIf you’ve been searching for a UK-based sales and marketing management position for a while and have constantly come up empty-handed, it may be time to invest in a corporate recruitment firm.
Recruiters serve as agents on your behalf. They’ll send your CV (curriculum vitae) to their contacts in the hopes of snagging an interview for you. Many times, recruiters know about jobs long before they become public knowledge; this “in” with certain companies can boost the chances of your getting a new sales marketing management position.
- Tip #1: Don’t be afraid to work with more than one recruiter. Unless you sign a contract stating you’ll exclusively work with one recruiter or recruitment company, it may be wise to seek out the services of another, thus doubling your job search efforts.
- Tip #2: The higher up on the “corporate ladder” you are, the more likely you are to benefit from the help of a sales and marketing management recruiter.
Newspaper PostingsThere’s nothing wrong with looking through UK newspapers for sales marketing management job opportunities.
You can either purchase papers or, better yet, check them out online. Most newspapers will list job openings online at their sites, making your search even simpler.
Company WebsitesIs there a particular company for which you’d like to work? If so, bookmark their corporate website and check it regularly for job openings.
Frequently, businesses will only list sales marketing management job openings (especially those aimed at mid-level managers and executives) at their sites and/or with private recruitment firms. Therefore, you’ll be one of the first to know when a sales marketing management position is announced.
- Tip #1: Browse the company’s corporate website thoroughly – employment opportunities are sometimes “hidden” deep within the pages of the site.
Word-of-MouthThere’s absolutely nothing like old fashioned “word-of-mouth” advertising, but you have to start the process. Tell people whom you trust that you’re interested in hearing about UK-based sales and marketing management job opportunities. You’ll be surprised at what happens.
- Tip #1: Should you be lucky enough to be offered a sales marketing management position via this method, be sure to thank the person who led you to the job!